Sunday 30 March 2014

THE REAL YOU, YOUR SOUL

There was a rich merchant, who had four (4) wives. He loved the fourth (4th) wife the most, and adorned her with rich robes, and pretty hair. He took great care of her, and gave her nothing, but the best. He also loved the third (3rd) wife very much. He was proud of her, and always wanted to show her off to his friends. However, the merchant was in great fear, that she might ran away with some other man. He too loved his second (2nd) wife. She was a very considering person, always patient, and infact, she's the merchants comforter. Whenever the merchant faces some problems, He always turns to the second (2nd) wife, and would also help him out, and be by him during difficult times. Now, the merchants first (1st) wife, she's a very loyal partner, and is a great contribution in maintaining his wealth, and business, as well as taking care of the household. However, the merchant did not love the first (1st) wife, but although, she loved him deeply. He hardly took notice of her. One day, the merchant fell ill, and knew he was going to die soon. He then told himself, '' Now I have four (4) wives with me, but when I die, I'll be alone. How lonely i would be''. Thus, he asked the fourth (4) wife, '' I loved you most, and thou giveth you the finest clothe and showered great care over you. Now that i am dying. Will you follow me and keep me company?''. ''No way'', replied the fourth (4) wife. And she walked away without another word. The answer cut like a sharp knife down the merchants heart. The sad merchant then asked the third (3rd) wife, '' i have loved you so much for all my life, now that i'm dying, will you follow me, and keep me company?''. '' No'', replied the third (3rd) wife. '' Life is so good over here, i'm going to re-marry when you die''. The merchants heart sunked and turned cold. He then asked the second (2nd) wife, '' i always turned to you for help, and you've always helped me out. Now, I need your help again. When i die, will you follow me, and keep me company?''. ''Im sorry, i can't help you out this time round'', replied the second (2nd) wife. ''At the very most, I can only send you to your grave''. The answer came like a bolt of thunder, and the merchant devastatee. Then a voice called out, ''I'll leave with you, I'll follow you, no matter where you go''. The merchant looked up, and there was his 1st wife. She was so skinny, almost like she's suffering from malnutrition, greatly grieved. The merchant said, ''I should have taken much better care for you, while i could have''. Actually, we all having four (4) wives in our lives. The fourth (4th) wife is our body, no matter how much time, and effort we lavish in making it look good, it will surely leave us when we die. Our third (3rd) wife, our possessions, statur and wealth. When we die, they'll all go to others. Our second (2nd) wife is our family and friends. No matter how close they have been there for us, when we were alive, the farthest they can stay by us is up to our grave. The first (1st) wife, is in fact our SOUL. It is actually the only thing that follows us wherever we go. Perhaps its a good idea to cultivate and strengthen it now, rather than to wait until we're on our death bed to lament. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment